As you begin this project, it may be helpful to pause and think about these guiding questions:
· How did your goals influence your choice in subject areas and courses to take? What guided you as you chose your courses?
· What classes and subject area interests you as a field you would like to work in? (Business Management)
· What key disciplines or subject areas do you think would be most fulfilling to you personally and professionally?
You may have a sense of the industry of your area of focus, but you may not know the cutting-edge developments that are occurring now that will shape the future of the industry. To prepare yourself for a future in the industry, it is wise to research the state of the field so you are prepared to talk about important new opportunities with a prospective employer or otherwise position yourself to advantage. You might consider if further education is important in this industry. The ability to spot trends in your industry is an important skill, and your future employers will spend energy and capital on new growth areas, products, and services. Writing for Inc., Hall (2016) offers ideas about how to identify and evolve with industry trends. While some industries are broad (example: healthcare), you are encouraged to explore more focused areas within a broad industry (example: gerontology — a more specific population, but still related to healthcare).
Process & Timeline
Your Capstone Trends Project will involve producing a well-researched and properly cited paper of 4-5 pages (excluding the cover sheet, reference citations, and any addenda) in which you identify three trends in your industry and discuss each one in 2-3 paragraphs. You will also provide a well-reasoned argument for how these trends will impact the field and your professional success briefly. Your conclusion will knit together all the themes of the paper and make a final statement about the potential impacts on the industry.
1. After carefully reviewing the instructions within the Capstone Trends Overview Section, identify the career field within the industry you will be researching and writing about.
2. For the draft, incorporate at least six references (you will need SIX for the final).
• Remember to include in-text citations, even if you are not directly quoting from the source. If you summarize or paraphrase content from a source, there must be proper attribution. Since you have a minimum of six sources, there should be a minimum of six in-text citations within your project.