For the Unit IV Case Study, you will focus on floods and flood prevention in your community. Start by conducting research around your community/location for examples of mitigation and flood prevention. For example, consider any rivers or dams in your community, areas that are below sea level, etc. Take photographs of what you find so that you can show your professor what your area has done to address the issue of floods. If you are not in a flood area, research an area that does experience flooding, and use online images.
Using what you learned about your community and what you learned about past floods from this course, write a case study, a minimum of four pages in length, that addresses the following points:
· Explain what has been done with regard to mitigation, recovery, and/or response efforts within your community or the community you researched.
· Explain who conducted these efforts and the vulnerabilities they faced in their community, and include the role these individuals or groups played with mitigating, responding, and/or recovering from the risk.
· Research at least one major flood (this is not limited to your community). Explain what caused the flood and the response.
· What can your community, or the community you researched, learn from past floods?
· Discuss the best practice efforts that should/could be used in your community or the community you selected to mitigate future flooding.
Your paper should be a minimum of four pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages. You are required to use a minimum of three outside sources as part of your case study.
Additionally, include at least four visual aids/images that support your content (one 4-by-4- inch image per page maximum). Please incorporate those into your paper in APA format.