· Document-based Short Essay: #3
· To successfully complete this assignment, view the SE3 GUIDE to review its purpose, the necessary skills, knowledge, tasks, and associated criteria.
· Choose a 30-year period between 1950s and 2000s that you want to learn more about (e.g., 1960-1990). Then, choose a socio-political movement you want to learn more about over your chosen time span, topics might include the environment, technology, justice, race, gender, class, freedom, or equality.
· Review the relevant chapters (25-30) of the AMERICAN YAWP READER and select five primary sources (at least one from three separate chapters) that you can draw from to describe your chosen movement and its effects on the decades that followed.
· As you read the sources, ask yourself how they affected, reflected, and informed various groups’ expectations of the environment, technology, justice, race, gender, class, freedom, or equality . Then, write a 3-5 page essay that describes the effects of your chosen issue/ event/ topic over three decades of American history. Be sure you include a thesis statement, reference at least five primary sources from the class reader, and incorporate appropriate historical content and context.
1. I recommend you use the ACAPS worksheet to analyze each primary source. If you completed an ACAPS earlier this semester that is relevant to your chosen topic, you may use that source for this assignment so long as it dates from the 1950s to 2000s.
1. Before drafting your essay, review the Critical Response (DBQ) rubric and create an outline to help ensure you organize your essay effectively.
. Upload document into Blackboard.
. Please title and turn in your assignments as a MS WORD document labeled: Last-Name SE3
. Do NOT put your assignment in the text-box, rather CLICK on the name of the assignment above and scroll to ATTACH FILE and then upload your document.
Chapter link 27-30