15718 CONSUMER BEHAVIOR Task brief & rubrics (2)
Task 2-Final Report
The task is addressed to help the students to understand what it is the strategical use of the analysis of the consumer’s behavior, its importance for the
development of new products, services, and marketing strategies and how to conduct this type of strategical development.
For the final submission, students are expected to write a final document which will take the form of a report where they will develop strategical recommendations
for a consumer behavior analysis.
The final submission should be in pdf format and it will be sent in Turnitin.
The final report will be the development of strategical recommendations for the retail sector in your country, by paying a special attention to the impact of COVID
19. During 2020 and part of 2021, around the world, we will be under the effects of COVID-19. The retailer sector is one of the most impacted by some of the
measures that have been taken by governments. We have seen some of the retailers falling because of that measures, but we also have seen some of them rising
due to their knowledge about their consumers, habits and the impact that has also have the pandemic on them. Please, choose a subsector within the retail sector
in your country and help them to overcome that situation with a solution based on a proper analysis and profiling of consumers.
• Wordcount: 1500-2000 words.
• Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total wordcount.
• Font: Arial 11 pts.
• Text alignment: Justified.
• The in-text References and the Bibliography have to be in Harvard’s citation style. Please, bear in mind that the usage of resources and evidence is
mandatory, particularly for the final submission.
• FINAL REPORT: Week 13 – Via Moodle (Turnitin). 8th May, 23:59 (CET)
• The Final Report is the 60% pf your total grade for this subject.
This assignment assesses the following learning outcomes:
• Understand the processes that guide consumer perceptions, attitudes, learning & memory and choices and behavior.
• Evaluate the different perspectives that characterize the study of consumer behavior.
• Apply theories and models of consumer behavior to the formulation of effective marketing strategy, sales, and retail strategies, for marketing or
• Recognize new trends early in the field of analytics and consumer experience.
Exceptional 90-100 Good 80-89 Fair 70-79 Marginal fail 60-69
Knowledge & Understanding
Student demonstrates excellent understanding of key concepts and uses vocabulary in an entirely appropriate manner.
Student demonstrates good understanding of the task and mentions some relevant concepts and demonstrates use of the relevant vocabulary.
Student understands the task and provides minimum theory and/or some use of vocabulary.
Student does not understand the task, or he/she understands the task and attempts to answer the question but does not mention key concepts or uses minimum amount of relevant vocabulary.
Application (30%) Student applies fully relevant knowledge from the topics delivered in class.
Student applies mostly relevant knowledge from the topics delivered in class.
Student applies some relevant knowledge from the topics delivered in class. Misunderstanding may be evident.
Student applies little or non-relevant knowledge from the topics delivered in class. Misunderstands are evident.
Critical Thinking (40%)
Student critically assesses in excellent ways, drawing outstanding conclusions from relevant authors.
Student critically assesses in good ways, drawing conclusions from relevant authors and references.
Student provides some insights but stays on the surface of the topic. References may not be relevant.
Student makes little or non-critical thinking insights, does not quote appropriate authors, and does not provide valid sources.
Student communicates their ideas extremely clear and concisely, respecting word count, grammar and spellcheck
Student communicates their ideas clearly and concisely, respecting word count, grammar and spellcheck
Student communicates their ideas with some clarity and concision. It may be slightly over or under the wordcount limit. Some misspelling errors may be evident.
Student communicates their ideas in a somewhat unclear and unconcise way. Does not reach or does exceed wordcount excessively and misspelling errors are evident.