1. Since risk cannot be reduced to zero, the as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP) concept is often applied. How can this concept be used to determine acceptable levels of risk? What might be some pitfalls to applying this concept?Your response must be at least 75 words in length.
2. Discuss what you would consider as the one most significant roadblock companies are likely to face in implementing the ANSI/ASSP Z10.0-2019 and ANSI/ASSP/ISO 45001-2018 standards in a typical manufacturing organization. What steps might the company consider to overcome this roadblock? Your response must be at least 75 words in length.
3. Management Leadership and Employee Participation has been said to be the most important section of ANSI/ASSP Z10.0-2019 and ANSI/ASSP/ISO 45001-2018. Why do you think this is the case? Support your discussion with examples from personal experience.Your response must be at least 200 words in length.
4. Apply the concept of acceptable risk to a hazard prevalent at a place where you work or have worked. If you prefer, you could discuss a job with inherent hazards (e.g. fire fighter, steel erection connector, etc.). Make sure you address the concepts of zero, minimum, and acceptable risk in your discussion.Your response must be at least 200 words in length.
5. Explain the Five Why technique, and describe how this technique can be used in incident investigation to identify potential causes that may tie to deficiencies in processes and management systems rather than mistakes made by workers?Your response must be at least 75 words in length.
6. Compare and contrast the concepts of macro and micro thinking as they relate to safety and health management in the workplace. Which is more in alignment with the safety management systems approach and why?Your response must be at least 75 words in length.
7. Manuele states that top-level decisions largely cause potential for human error, and this impact spreads through the entire organization. Please examine this statement with respect to how it aligns with the tenets of the safety management systems approach to produce desired results.Your response must be at least 200 words in length.
8. Appraise the concept of organizational culture and its relationship to successful implementation of safety management systems.
Your response must be at least 200 words in length.